Thursday 12 April 2012

One HD You Suck


Usually my posts are fairly civil and thought out but for once I want to rant, and it is towards One HD.  Please bear with me as I need to get this off my chest and hopefully next Thursday will be something more constructive towards the league.

Last year was fantastic with two NBA games and live NBL games on every week.  Every Friday I would get my friends over and watch the NBL game and it was awesome.  Now you have decided to show rubbish (old rubbish at that) and completely ignore the sporting side for the majority of your schedule and have shunted Australian basketball to the corner.  I was outraged about that and am still quite heated whenever this arrangement is discussed but now you have crossed the line.

You are playing the NBL Finals series at TEN FREAKING O’CLOCK!?!  Are you serious?  That is just unacceptable and I am mightily pissed off.  Let’s recap your schedule for today/tonight’s viewing –

3.00pm – Beach Patrol
3.30pm – Get Smart
4.00pm – Jeopardy!
4.30pm – Beach Patrol (again)
5.00pm – IFISH
6.00pm – M*A*S*H
6.30pm – Get Smart (again)
7.00pm – Cops
7.30pm – Extreme Fishing with Robson Green
8.30pm – The Game Plan (NRL)
10.00pm – THE NBL FINALS

I’m sorry (not) but if that is your line-up for a weeknight’s viewing then you shouldn’t be on the air.  One, don’t these programs have an “Eleven” vibe to them, so why do they need to be on another channel?  Two, why oh why are Beach Patrol and Get Smart on TWICE in the space of four hours?  Again, seriously!  And three, when has fishing ever been so popular that it needs two programs for an hour and a half in the space of three hours?  Granted The Game Plan is directly involved in sports as it goes over the week of NRL and talks about the teams for the coming week but everything else is abhorrent when there is a live Australian sports final on instead.

Another point of contention is I thought that One HD had to broadcast the games at a maximum three hours behind the starting game or else they could get in trouble.  Is that the case?  So why are they playing a game that is starting at 7.30pm in New Zealand (which would be 5.30pm here in Eastern Australia) at 10.00pm?  That is out of their three hour window and should be punished.  This just goes to show that One HD and Channel Ten have no respect for the NBL or Basketball Australia and are just trying to do as little as possible until they can get out of their contract.

This topic makes me so angry because after last season I was pumped for the league to get more viewing and more fans but with one decision it is being pushed back into the shadows.  Good on you Channel Ten I hope you are happy with yourselves and how you have completely bitch slapping the basketballing community.  You can count me out on watching any of your programs on any of your channels from this day forward, preferring to torrent or find somewhere online and hopefully I can find a crappy, choppy, pixelated, laggy stream online in the process somewhere because this is the last straw for this fed up basketball fan.

Good bye and I hope you burn in hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment